Atlas Armor’s 10-YEAR ANNIVERSARY SALE – SAVE 12-25%
Perfect Protection Record – 10 Years – ZERO Screen Failures
During the last 10-years, we have sold and installed 1,000’s of hurricane screens from Bermuda to Cabo Mexico, through out the Caribbean Islands and all-around Florida. During those same 10 years, our screens have been real-world-tested by 20 hurricanes and 17 tropical storms which resulted in ZERO screen failures. Meaning that we stayed in our frame (side tracks, bottom weight bar, top take-up reel) and our seams did not split. We have a PERFECT RECORD of PROTECTING our openings.
Our Manufacturer’s Design Defect (MDD) Protection
We DESIGNED our screens with the absolute BASIC CRITERIA of protecting your home against category 5 hurricane winds. Everything that we do is aimed at accomplishing that design criteria.
Unlike ALL other hurricane screen manufactures, our written warranty states if your fabric screen should ever come out of its frame due only to the wind’s force (no physical evidence of an object impact), Atlas Armor will replace that screen at no cost to you. You dealer will only charge for his labor and any shipping fees.
For example: after Hurricane IAN, other screen manufacturers charged 1,000’s of dollars per opening to replace blown out screens with other screens that are exactly like the screen that just blew out, PLUS labor and shipping fees. If the insurance company picked up the tab, their insurance rates will go up.
Before your buy, just ask your hurricane screen dealer one question: “Who pays to replace the fabric screen if it should blow out of its frame or if the screen’s seam splits?”
TRANSFERABLE Screen Warranty
We are the only hurricane screen manufacturer that is willing to stand behind our product for a FULL 10-YEARS. All other manufacturers only offer the warranty to the original buyer. They do that to relieve the screen’s failure liability as soon as possible. This makes sense for them, but does this make sense to you?
We build our hurricane screens to LAST OVER 10-YEARS so we are not afraid to pass on our warranty to anyone that owns your home during that warranty period. We are not afraid to stand behind our screens.
Quality and Workmanship
We designed a manufacturing process that allows us to custom hand build every hurricane screen with TAILOR-like precision. By making our screens by hand, we get to inspect the product many times during the entire process. We are constantly refining our process for speed and more importantly precision. This results in a product of high quality and workmanship.
Rapid Screen Delivery – 4-6 weeks or less
We know that the hurricane season is only weeks away. We know that you want your home to be protected as soon as possible. We also know that you want the VERY BEST protection available. And we know that time is going against you. As a result of our manufacturing process, we are able to deliver a high QUALITY and EFFECTIVE, Real-World-Tested hurricane screen to you within days, not months so that you can be protected against the nearing seasonal hurricanes.
Hurricane Protection and Year Round Push Button Comfort
WE WARRANTY OUR SCREENS FOR FULL 10 YEARS
We warranty it. We will replace your fabric screens if it ever becomes damaged by the sun’s UV rays, atmospheric chemicals, rot, mold, or mildew.
You can quickly judge a product’s components by looking at its warranty. We have a full fabric screen replacement warranty, not one that is pro-rated based on how long ago you bought it
Our warranty is also transferrable if you should sell your home before the end of the warranty. No other hurricane product offers a transferrable warranty.
MIAMI-DADE HVHZ HURRICANE PROTECTION – NOA 23-0120.02
Atlas Armor hurricane screens are the oldest certified roll-down fabric screen available for the Florida High-Velocity Hurricane Zone (HVHZ) Miami-Dade & Broward counties.
We also have the Florida Building Code approval so you can Install Atlas Armor hurricane screens anywhere in Florida.
Other states, such as Texas, often use Miami-Dade approval as their standard, and insurance companies often insist on products that carry the NOA approval.
HIGH QUALITY IN EVERY WAY
All metals are powder-coated, our motors are warranted for 4 or 5 years (based upon the type of motor), and our screens are warranted for 10 years. We offer all stainless steel components for our coastal customers. Our screens are made from heavy extruded aluminum, stainless steel, and polyester/Aramid fabric. Aramid is also known by the trademarked named Kevlar.
MULTI-USE – EVERYDAY PROTECTION FROM ONE SCREEN
We have two types of screens: roll-down and fixed panels. The roll down screen is remotely controlled, Our patented hurricane fixed panels are manually placed into side tracks and anchored in place by means of 2 stainless steel pins. No tools required. The tracks for the panels are always mounted on the outside but the fabric can be installed into the tracks while you are either on the outside or on the inside of the home … on any floor level as long as you can reach the side track on each side of the opening
VERY, VERY COST EFFECTIVE
Because Atlas Armor hurricane screens can be used every day instead of just once a year or once in several years, the kevlar hurricane screens cost divided by the actual usage days makes ownership just a few pennies per day. PLUS, you also get the daily comfort benefits as well. For example, take someone elses $1,000 hurricane product and divide it by the number of days you use it. If you use it once every 2 years, it would cost you $500 per day for that 2-year time frame. In the case of Atlas Armor hurricane screens, you would be using them every day for those 2 years, so that it would cost you $1.37 per day. Now, divide the cost of our screen by the number of warranty days to get the actual daily price of $0.27 per day for our screen. Pennies. Now add that, you will need to replace (buy again) the other product when they get damaged, but not ours. See our warranty.
OUR FABRIC SCREENS ARE MADE OUT OF OMEGATEX, WHICH IS A GREEN PRODUCT AND QUALIFIES FOR US FEDERAL TAX CREDITS
You will, however, continue to save on your cooling energy bills whenever our fabric screens are being used.
SCREENS REMAIN HIDDEN
SCREENS REMAIN HIDDEN UNTIL NEEDED
Atlas Armor hurricane screens can be surface mounted on existing walls or built into the walls and ceiling on new construction. Either way, the screen remains hidden in the hood until required; then, a touch of a button they appear. We suggest that you choose the black colored hurricane fabric, because they are the easiest to see through and to keep clean. The other screen colors will have more opaque quality. Outside of the color, all screens have the same properties and price. See the FAQ section for color samples.
OUR ATLAS ARMOR HURRICANE SCREENS HAVE A VERY PLEASING APPEARANCE
Our hurricane protection screens are engineered for strength, functionality, dependability, and aesthetics. For example, all screen perimeter seams are hidden from view. Unlike other hurricane shutters, our kevlar hurricane shutters patented weight bar is designed to flex less and automatically adjust to sloped or uneven floor surfaces. The Atlas Armor hurricane screens are NOT baggy in appearance. On screens taller than 10′, our 2″ seams run horizontally across the top of the screen so that you never look directly through the seam, some other screens manufacturers always run their 4″ wide seams vertically down the center of the screen which always hinders your view.
OUR ATLAS ARMOR HURRICANE SCREENS ARE VERY VERSATILE
If you are designing a deck or a patio, consider using our screens to reduce the heat effects of the west sun and block the wind. If you like spending time in your backyard, but don’t like mosquitoes or no-see-ums, you will love our screens. Our screens are your answer if you enjoy being outdoors but would also like a little privacy while keeping your view or want to watch the sunset without getting blinded. We are your answer if you like to entertain on your enclosed patio without fear of high winds or rain ruining your party. And, when you don’t need our screen, push a button, and we will disappear until we are again required. We are very versatile.
ATLAS ARMOR’S PATENTED WEIGHT BAR
Problem: Damaged screens due to flexing weight bar
- Weight bars are used to assist the screen while being lowered. If not correctly designed, they can flex in ways that distort and damage the screen’s fabric. This flexing is exaggerated with higher winds (hurricanes). Also, typical weight bars are designed to hang on the fabric without regard to their appearance. Typically, you will see wide strips of solid fabric showing across the weight bar.
- Curved weight bar body design adds both strength and rigidity in both the horizontal and vertical direction while hiding the screen attachments so that you only see the smooth open screen mesh.
Problem: weight bar bowing
- The weight bar sways side to side when the wind blows, which can and will damage the screen fabric in high winds.
- Our patented weight bars are different from all other weight bars. Where other screen weight bars are not horizontally braced, they easily sway from side to side with the wind. Our patented weight bars are horizontally braced to reduce side to side movement which means less horizontal travel during a storm. Less horizontal travel means that you will have less storm damage to your screen.
Problem: The weight bar does not seal to the floor and flexes too much
- When the screen is lowered, and the weight bar comes in contact with the floor, it most often does not seal tightly against the floor if the floor is not uniform and horizontal. If there is a pitch to the floor for water runoff, a triangular area under the weight bar at the lowest end will remain open.
- Or, if the base is not uniformly flat, there may be a hump or a swale somewhere in the middle of the opening. If there is a hump, the weight bar will stop on top of the hump, which means that one or both ends of the weight bar will not touch the floor. If there is a swale (dip) in the middle, the weight bar will stop above the swale, and there will be a large gap in the middle of your screen under the weight bar above the swale.
- The bad solution has been to cut the screen on a bias so that the weight bar hangs at an angle that matches the floor’s slope. This looks fine when the screen is resting on the floor, but it looks horrible at all other times, especially if you have several screens in a row. They take on a saw-tooth look.
Solution: Our patented weight bar
- Our patented floating bottom blade with an attached 1″ brush automatically adjusts to the slope of your floor while the main weight bar body remains horizontal.
- The blade automatically extends on the lower side and raises on the higher side of the weight bar. This seals your screen to the floor when in the down position. But, when the screen is raised, the bottom blade extends downward uniformly, allowing the weight bar to remain horizontal so that all screens are uniform in appearance.
- Humps and swales are easily fixed by cutting the bottom blade on either side of the hump or swale. This allows the blade to go lower to fill the swale or remain high, allowing the other blade sections to align to the floor.
- Unlike rubber tubes attached to the bottom of the weight bar, the 1″ bottom brush is both thick and wide yet supple enough to fill in grout lines in brick or Mexican tiles and other small floor imperfections.